Tuesday, February 09, 2010

* It’s not what you can do for God. It’s what God has done for you. * It’s not what you can give God. It’s what God has given to you. Nancy Leigh DeMoss

2Peter 1:3-4 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to His own glory and excellence, by which He has granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

ohhh. Yes. And I was thinking that I was doing what He has asked me to do. And I am. Sometimes thinking , how incredible that He has trusted me with so precious a gift, the opportunity He has given me to serve Him, to be His hands. And I think, I can give Him my best. Yet I don't think it's my best, but I try. I show up. And so many days I don't want to show up. I want to stay in bed. Or go to work. Work would be easy.
He goes on to say to be diligent, to make every effort

For this very reason [because of all these things God has done for you], make every effort [or be diligent, as some of your translations say] to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love (verses 5-7).

No comments: